Professional Reader

Sunday, June 16, 2019

Personal Message

  I try to keep my blog to not so personal things, but I have gotten far behind on book reviews as of lately.
  Life has a way of shaking things up a bit.
 A year ago at a regular doctor's visit, it was discovered through blood work that my kidneys were failing. 
 They reached the point where dialysis has become necessary, I have now been on Peritoneal Dialysis for a little over a month and learning to live this new path that fate has sent my way.
 End-stage renal disease is not for the faint of heart. Dialysis is not a picnic. Although well-meaning people seem to think it's a breeze that you just go on dialysis and get a new kidney through transplant just like that. 
  What it really means is every night, being attached to a machine that filters the toxins from the body, the way the kidneys used to do. It means having frequent visits to the lab for blood work and infusions of many things. 
  It's been difficult getting into a new routine with all these changes.
Things are starting to seem a little more routine. Hopefully, I can catch up going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment