Professional Reader

Sunday, June 16, 2019

Old Recipes~~Pork Spareribs

Cleaning through some collected things I found a delightful treasure, that I forgot I had.  It was a book of recipes typed up by my grand aunt when she was in school learning to type. Inside the book, there were also many loose pages of handwritten and saved recipes.
She would have been in school in the early part of the 20th century.
Many of the pages are starting to fade and crumble away so I thought I might post them here to save them. 
Perhaps someone will enjoy them.







Pork Spareribs

2 cloves  Garlic
2 oz. Oil 
1 Onion, sliced
1 Green Pepper
3 oz. Tomato Sauce
4 oz. Vinegar
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp Tarragon
1 Tblsp Worcestershire Sauce
                                         Lemon juice

Boil together for 15 minutes.
Pour on ribs and bake 350  for about 1-1/2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment