Professional Reader

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Book Review Spook In The Stacks Eva Gates


I am always pleasantly surprised to find a series that I can read without having to read every book in the series, in chronological order. Often a new series takes time to establish the characters and sometimes I just want to jump in start reading without having to do that. I really enjoyed this book that takes place in coastal North Carolina. This is the 4th book in this series. The characters are developed from previous books but you can read this book as a standalone book and still enjoy it. From reading this one in the series, it has made me want to go back and read the previous books.
I appreciate that the language is clean and the murder is not described in grisly detail.
Tere's a little romance, a bit of folklore and an interesting resident cat of the library. 
 Loved the idea of the library in a lighthouse, this would be great reading at the beach or poolside, it's light reading but the mystery is nicely concocted and keeps you entertained throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment